Together we explored the work of contemporary artist Reggie Laurent. After looking at his art and using our Avid strategies to take focused notes about the artist as well as the inquiry process to analyze his use of shape and color students created their own painting inspired by the artist. This was a great lesson in pattern and unity as well as learning how to use acrylics and taking care of supplies. Of course we ended the lesson with a gallery walk and a peer review then individual written reflection.
Students in my CTE/ Design class showed off their skills in Adobe Photoshop. They had to create their own dream rooms. Students had to manipulate images to create a room in 1 point perspective. Then they had to impose themselves in the photo and use a vector mask to blend themselves in. I wish I could showcase them all, however I selected the ones where the faces are obscured for security.
We were very fortunate to partner up with the Anaheim Ducks to create these Amazing Dia De Los Metros Masks. Our students designed and hand painted them. I also showcased the Tin Art from the beginning clause.
Last year the sixth graders explored color theory with the cool/warm parrots. This year we tried something new. Students created cool paper with various watercolor techniques. I believe the sedan wrap on wet paper was their favorite. They also created paper with warm colors. When the papers dried, they tore up the cool paper to make a sea. They used the warm paper to create sea life. The end result a mixed media collage with high visual contrast.
We have been back now for a month, and today is Back to School Night. I have redecorated and rearranged my room. I will admit it , I have been bad about updating this blog. So, here it goes, a storm of pictures to illustrate what has been going on in the art room.
Creating value with personal text.
This was a great lesson to teach one point perspective and help reinforce the concept of a vanishing point. First we looked at photographs of real Deserts that seemed to vanish to a point, then we made our own!
My students have spent the last month designing and creating board games. They had to come up with c concept, use Adobe Illustrator to create it and Tinker cad to create dice. Today we tested out the games!